- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 bunch of scallions
- 1/2 container of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup corn off the cob
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Honey, to taste
- 1 grapefruit, juiced
- 1/2 grapefruit, cubed
- 1 orange, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Put the quinoa in a pot (with a lid) with 4 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, cover, lower the heat and cook as per the instructions on the bag.
- In a frying pan, add some oil and blister all but 2 of the scallions, about 2 minutes on each side; salt to taste. When cool, slice them into 1-inch long pieces. Slice reserved 2 scallions and add all scallions to mixing bowl.
- Prep all the other ingredients and put them in the mixing bowl. Combine with the cooked quinoa; add the fruit juices and olive oil and mix together. Salt to taste, and top with avocado.