- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- 1½ cups unsalted butter
- 4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, for about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, apple sauce and mix until combined. Then add oats, flour, and all spice, and mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop out the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter on medium high speed for about 5 minutes, until the butter is light in color and fluffy.
- Turn the speed down and gradually add the powdered sugar until it's completely incorporated. Add in vanilla, cinnamon, and milk and mix until well combined.
- Pipe filling onto one cookie, then top with a second cookie and enjoy!