- 1 Sheet of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry (375g)
- 300 milliliters Double Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Punnet of Strawberries
- One teaspoon Sugar
- Icing Sugar & Caster sugar for prep, decoration
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scatter on caster sugar.
- Lay over the puff pastry and trim the edges if necessary.
- Scatter more caster sugar over the top and cover with parchment paper. Lay another heavy baking tray on top (lined with a weight such as a pie dish) and bake for 25m at 180c or until the whole base is golden.
- Take the pastry out and dust with icing sugar and cut into even rectangles (you will be able to make 6).
- Whip the cream with a scraped vanilla pod and a teaspoon of caster sugar. Hull & quarter your strawberries.
- Lay down one rectangle of pastry and pipe on dots of whipped cream, leaving gaps that you can fill with your strawberries. Repeat this topping with a second layer and then add the third rectangle as a lid.