- For the Burgers:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces raclette cheese, cubed
- 4 hamburger buns
- For the aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon cornichons, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornichon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet tray with foil and place a rack on top.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef and 2 teaspoons each salt and pepper. Form four, 8 ounce large balls and press down in the center using a can to make a 2x2-inch deep hole around the meat. Place two ounces cubed raclette into each burger. Place on the sheet tray rack.
- Cook burger in the oven until the meat is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 30 to 35 minutes or 145 degrees for medium rare and 160 for medium.
- Meanwhile, make the aioli. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, cornichons, juice and dijon mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove burgers from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. While the burgers are resting place the oven on broil and toast the hamburger buns until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoon of aioli on the bottom bun, top with a burger and finish with more aioli.