- 1/2 pounds mini rigatoni
- 1 cup (200 grams) sweet Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 10-15 capers
- 1/2 fresno chili, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons (10 grams) fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cup (250 grams) mezzi rigatoni pasta
- 3 eggs, scrambled (approx. 1 egg per person)
- 1/3 - 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a roaring boil and add the pasta.
- Turn the heat to high under a stainless steel skillet and add 1 tablespoons or so of oil, add the capers and stir them around to infuse the oil.
- Add the sausage to the pan and render the fat, next add the scallions, stir with a wooden spoon.
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs and add 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parm, a tiny bit of olive oil and beat with a fork.
- Add the sausage mixture to the beaten eggs and stir well, then immediately transfer the cooked pasta into this bowl and quickly stir. (The heat from the sausage and the pasta will cook the eggs through, more pasta water can be added if you fear the egg is not cooked.)
- Lastly, add the sliced chilies and toss to combine.
- Taste for salt and pepper, and garnish with more Parmesan and fresh oregano.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE