- 300 grams bread flour
- 180 milliliters hot water (40-50 degrees C)
- 30 grams sugar
- 5 grams dry yeast
- 3 grams salt
- Food coloring (red, blue, yellow, green, purple, orange)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Whipped cream
- Put bread flour into a large bowl. Add in dry yeast, sugar, salt and hot water and mix until it turns into dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Divide dough into six portions. Add food coloring to each dough and knead until even in color.
- Roll out dough into flat rectangular shapes. Cut each sheet of dough in half. Do the same with the the rest of the dough. Stack the different shades of dough on top of each other. Cut dough into six pieces.
- Roll each piece out into long strips. Twist the strip of dough and bring both ends together. Give it a firm press to secure the ends together.
- Boil a pot of water with honey. Drop bagels in and boil for 40 seconds.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes at 190 degrees C.
- Serve with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.