- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each of blue, purple, pink, green and yellow food gel (I use Americolor food gel)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C
- Separate batter into 5 even pieces. Colour each one with each different colour. Roll out about a tablespoon of each colour into a log about 20 centimeters in length. Place each colour next to each other and carefully twist as demonstrated. Roll around in a snail shape and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Carefully place a bake safe lollipop stick behind the cookie and press the cookie into the stick.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely before serving.