- 330 grams all-purpose flour
- 120 grams potato starch
- 75 grams sugar
- 900 milliliters milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food coloring
- Vegetable oil (cooking spray is best)
- 600 milliliters whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Make the crepes: Place the flour, potato starch and sugar in a bowl and lightly beat with an electric mixture. This will break up lumps and does the same thing as sifting the ingredients. Gradually add the milk, mixing with each addition. Then add the vanilla extract and mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter into 6 bowls and dye each bowl of batter a different color.
- To cook the crepes, set a lightly greased frying pan to medium heat and pour in enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan. Bring the heat down to low and place a lid on the pan. Cook the crepe until the surface is fully cooked.
- Gently loosen the edges of the crepe from the pan using a chopstick, then flip the crepe out onto a plate. Continue with the remaining batter - you should be able to make about 15 crepes in total. Allow the crepes to fully cool.
- Make the cream filling: Place the whipping cream and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until still peaks form. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- To assemble: Place one crepe on a serving dish of your choice and evenly spread 1 tablespoon of cream onto the surface. Top with another crepe and repeat until you run out of crepes. Start with the purple crepes and stack in the color of the rainbow, ending with pink.
- Cut the cake into slices and enjoy!