- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon fairy floss essence (optional)
- 250 grams white chocolate melted
- 1 teaspoon pink food gel
- 1 teaspoon purple food gel
- 1 teaspoon blue food gel
- 1 teaspoon green food gel
- 1 teaspoon yellow food gel
- Start off by placing your egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk until frothy. Slowly add sugar. Continue mixing on high for 4 minutes until thick and glossy.
- Separate into 5 bowls and colour in each separate colour. Place in piping or zip lock bags. Pipe 20 centimeters lines of each coloured meringue onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a log, twisting one end. Cut a piece of the other end off. Place into a zip lock bag fitted with a Wilton 6B tip. Pipe swirls of meringue onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 3 hours on 100C. Yes that's ages but that's the best way to dry them out. Don't open the oven door when they're done. Leave them in there overnight to cool completely.
- Dip the bottoms in melted white chocolate and dip into sprinkles to finish off.