Rainbow Mac and Cheese
Who knew the rainbow actually tasted like cheese?
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/4 cups grated white cheddar + extra for topping
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 pounds macaroni, cooked 2-3 minutes less than recommended cooking time
- Pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food coloring
- Set a saucepan to medium heat and add the butter.
- When it begins to bubble, add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly until the flour is dissolved and the mixture thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the salt, nutmeg, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the white cheddar, parmesan cheese, and goat cheese and stir until the cheese has fully melted.
- Divide the cheese sauce evenly into 6 bowls, with 1/2 cup of sauce per bowl. Dye each bowl a color of the rainbow.
- Divide the macaroni into 6 bowls and mix one cup of cheese sauce into each bowl.
- Pour the macaroni into a buttered 9-inch square baking dish in stripes in the order of the rainbow.
- Sprinkle some extra white cheddar on top and bake at 375F for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE