- Cheesecake base:
- 200 grams animal crackers, crumbled into very small pieces
- 65 grams unsalted butter
- 400 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 400 milliliters whipping cream
- 80 grams sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food colouring
- First, make the base of the cheesecake. Mix together the melted butter and crumbled animal crackers, then press them into the bottom of an 8-inch spring form pan. Then place this in the fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and combine. Then add the whipping cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract mix until smooth. Divide the mixture into 6 bowls and dye them the colors of the rainbow.
- Pour the filling into the cake pan one colour at a time, freezing for 10 minutes between each layer. This will prevent the layers from mixing together. Return the cheesecake to the freezer to set for 1-2 hours. You don't want the cheesecake to freeze, just for it to stiffen. If you prefer soft cheesecake, only freeze it for 1 hour, as I did in the video. If you'd like it to be a little firmer, keep it in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Wet a dishcloth with hot water and run it around the sides of the pan to slightly warm the cake. Remove the sides of the pan, slice and enjoy!