- 1 tablespoon squid ink mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Semolina flour, for dusting
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, combine squid ink mixture and eggs until color is evenly distributed.
- Add flour and salt and continue to combine until a loose dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead to form a ball.
- Flatten the ball into a disc, wrap in plastic and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Knead each piece until smooth. Cut into 4 smaller pieces.
- Roll each piece with the handle of a wooden spoon until a flat circle is created. Roll the ends of the circle together to close, forming a shell.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta for about 3 minutes until al dente. Serve with sauce of choice.