- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 large eggs
- Semolina flour, for dusting
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, combine flour, salt, tomato paste and eggs until a loose dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead to form a ball.
- Flatten the ball into a disc, wrap in plastic and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Cut each piece into dime-size knobs.
- Roll each piece on a slotted spoon with round holes to create the knobby pattern.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta for about 3 minutes until al dente.
- Serve with sauce of choice.