- Pop Tart Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cold water
- Pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food coloring
- Any jam of your choice
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Make the dough: Mix together the flour, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until it turns into a crumbly meal-like texture. Drizzle over the ice water, and pulse until the dough sticks together when squished together. Divide the dough into 6 balls and dye each ball a color of the rainbow with food coloring. Flatten each ball of dough into a disk and stack them up in the order of the rainbow. Twist together, then divide in half, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Assembly: Roll the dough out into a rectangle 10in x 8in. Cut into 4 rectangles and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dollop 1 teaspoon of jam onto the center of one side of each rectangle. Fold the rectangle over to cover the jam and seal closed with a fork. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and fully cool.
- Decorate: Combine the whipping cream and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add the confectioner's sugar and whisk until fully combined. Spoon some glaze onto each pop tart and decorate with rainbow sprinkles. Enjoy!