- 1 large egg white (30g)
- 2 tbsp (16g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) cake flour
- 1 tbsp (15g) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp bubble-gum flavouring
- 5 drops white food gel
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp (75g) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tbsp (23g) whole milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cup (67g) cake flour, sifted
- 2 drops yellow food gel
- 2 drops green food gel
- 2 drops blue food gel
- 2 drops purple food gel
- 2 drops pink food gel
- 2 drops orange food gel
- 400ml whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup funfetti confetti rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat an oven to 350F (175C).
- Line the bottom of a 15-inch x 10-inch baking tin with oil and baking paper. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the paste to a piping bag fitted with a Wilton #2 piping tip.
- Pipe wavy lines on top of the baking paper.
- Set aside in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place the egg yolks and ¼ cup of sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric hand mixer to whip until the mixture becomes light in colour and fluffy.
- Drizzle in the vegetable oil while the mixer is on high speed. Turn the mixer to low speed and add the milk and vanilla extract.
- Once combined, add the dry ingredients and use a spatula to fold through. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites into a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whip to soft peaks.
- Add the remaining sugar and whip until you reach stiff, glossy peaks.
- Gently fold half of the egg white mixture into the batter until well combined.
- Add the remaining egg white mixture and fold through.
- Split the mixture into 6 bowls. Colour each one in the colours listed in the ingredients list.
- Gently fold the food gels through using a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled cake pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add each one into a small piping bag and pipe it in between each white wavy line. Take out of the oven.
- Place a piece of baking paper on top and a chopping board and carefully flip over. Take the baking tray away and peel the baking paper away.
- Dust a large, clean tea towel with powdered sugar and flip the cake on top with the printed side facing down.
- Carefully roll the cake up and allow to cool down at room temperature for 1 hour.
- To prepare the cream, add the cream and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl and whip to stiff peaks using an electric mixer.
- Once the cake has cooled down, carefully unwrap from the tea towel and add half the whipped cream on top.
- Use a spatula to spread around. Sprinkle with sprinkles and add the rest of the cream.
- Carefully roll back up and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill for 2 hours before unwrapping again and placing on a serving plate.
- Fit the end of a piping bag with a Wilton 6B piping tip and pipe swirls of cream on top before you finish with sprinkles.