This gnocchi hack will change the way you eat pasta forever. 🍝 www.raos.com
Rao's Homemade Caprese Gnocchi
- 1 pound (2 cups) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup RAO’S homemade tomato basil sauce
- 3/4 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, hand torn
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Tie a string tightly across a pot with two side handles. Fill the pot with water, add a large pinch of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Combine the ricotta, Parmesan cheese, eggs and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the flour in 2 batches and stir with a rubber spatula to combine and all flour is incorporated.
- Add the dough to a large gallon zip-top bag. Snip off the tip of the bag and squeeze the gnocchi batter into the water using the string to separate them. Boil for 3 minutes. Use a spider to remove to a baking sheet, and continue working in batches.
- Add tomato basil sauce to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat while stirring to heat through. Carefully transfer the gnocchi and stir in the tomatoes. Spoon into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish and add torn mozzarella to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling. Garnish with fresh basil.