Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
Rich fudge brownies base with a raspberry cheesecake top.
- For the brownie layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the raspberry cheesecake layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries, lightly mashed (I used thawed, frozen berries - it was 3/4 cup mashed)
- Freeze-dried raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and whip again until well combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix until well combined. Spread the brownie batter in the prepared pan, smoothing it out into an even layer.
- Make the cheesecake layer. With an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese, greek yogurt and eggs until smooth. Add the sugar, flour and vanilla and mix again until smooth and well combined. Fold in the crushed raspberries. Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes until set, and the edges are starting to brown. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool for about an hour and then chill for 2 to 3 hours before lifting the bars out and slicing into squares. Garnish with freeze-dried raspberries.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE