- 4 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 4 avocados, pitted and sliced in half
- Olive oil to taste
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Morton® Kosher Salt
- 2 cups cooked black beans (canned or fresh)
- 2 cups spiced pumpkin seeds (recipe below)
- Grilled lime vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup picked cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fried tortilla strips
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a grill to 400°F.
- Drizzle corn with olive oil, season with Morton® Sea Salt and grill until tender and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle avocado halves with a pinch of kosher salt and grill over high heat, flesh side down, until caramelized. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once corn is cool enough to handle, remove from cobs and mix in a large bowl with black beans and spiced pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with a hefty spoonful of grilled lime vinaigrette and gently toss. Season with sea salt and chopped cilantro.
- Using a spoon, gently remove avocado flesh from the skin and place on a platter. Layer each half with a hefty spoonful of black bean and corn salsa, sprinkle with Cotija cheese, vinaigrette and fried tortilla strips. Garnish with extra cilantro if desired and enjoy immediately.