- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ounce red food coloring
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Chopped pecans
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini bundt pans with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, vinegar and vanilla and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder with red food coloring.
- In mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for about a minute until fluffy.
- Next, add flour mixture and alternate with buttermilk mixture in three incorporations. Add cocoa mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour cake batter into bundt pans, 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- When cake is finished baking, remove to a cooling rack and let cool. Invert onto plate.
- Pour cream cheese frosting on top to let drip down the side of cake. Garnish with pecans.
- While cake is baking, make cream cheese frosting. In a mixer, add butter and cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt and milk, and mix until combined. Add to a measuring cup with a spout.