- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Aarón’s Adobo
- 1/2 cup Garlic Chipotle Love
- 24 (4-inch) corn tortillas
- Canola oil, for frying
- Valentina hot sauce
- Cacique Crema Mexicana
- Pickled onions
- Cacique Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 3 limes, halved
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and Aarón’s adobo.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, use two forks to shred.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with the Garlic Chipotle Love. Season with salt to taste.
- Place approximately 2 ounces of the shredded chicken into each tortilla, tightly roll and skewer through the middle. Continue to stack more flautas on each skewer until you have 3 to 4 on a single skewer.
- In a fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- One at a time, carefully lower the skewered flautas into the oil and fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes, until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and let rest on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Spread guacamole on the bottom of the plate.
- Carefully remove the flautas from the skewers and place on top of the guacamole.
- Drizzle the flautas with hot sauce, followed by Cacique Crema Mexicana and pickled onions.
- Top with crumbled Cacique Queso Fresco and garnish with cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice.