- 1 cup canola oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Pour the oil into a heavy ovenproof medium saucepan and add the garlic.
- Cover the pot with foil, put it in the oven, and cook until the garlic turns a nutty brown and is really soft (like cream cheese), about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and let the garlic and oil cool to room temperature.
- Put the garlic and the garlic-infused oil in a food processor or blender.
- Add the chipotles and sauce, cilantro, lime zest, and salt and puree until smooth.
- Store in the fridge in a tightly covered container for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to a month.