- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 cups of your favorite ice cream, softened
- Sprinkles if your choice
- In a pot, melt butter and add mini marshmallows. Stir until melted. Then stir in the crispy rice cereal.
- Line a greased 4x6 container or dish with half of the Rice Krispies mixture. Chill in the freezer for about 5 minutes or until slightly hardened.
- Working quickly, use a spatula to layer some ice cream on top. Be sure to smooth out and spread onto the edges. Place back in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes.
- If the rest of the Rice Krispies have hardened, heat the pot on low and remove when pliable again. Using wet hands, spread the remaining mixture onto the ice cream layer. Chill in the freezer for a few hours until set.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl.
- Slice the ice cream sandwiches and dip halfway in the melted chocolate. Place in the freezer to chill until set.