- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 4 cups day old cold rice (long grain rice)
- 3 tablespoons Kecap Manis
- 3 scallion stalks, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 egg, fried
- In a wok, over medium-high heat, add oil. Once the oil is smoking hot, add chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and cook thoroughly.
- Add garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Make space again, then scramble your eggs on the hot pan.
- Once the eggs are cooked, add rice and Kecap Mannis. Stir constantly until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Don’t let the rice burn.
- Add scallions, and stir for a minute longer.
- Serve with a side of sliced cucumber, tomatoes, and top with a fried egg.