YANGZHOU SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 3 - 4 cups day old cold rice (long grain rice)
- 3 scallion stalks
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- In a wok, over medium-high heat, add oil. Once the oil is smoking hot, add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Once shrimp is cooked, remove from wok and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan.
- Add eggs and scramble. Add rice and cook for a minute or two.
- Season rice with salt. Return cooked shrimp, garlic and ginger to the rice.
- Stir constantly until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Turn heat off, add the scallions and stir.
- Add sesame oil and white pepper. Stir again.