- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 5 ounces Marie style cookies, finely ground
- Canola oil for frying
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture to taste
- Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 ½ cups of whole milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Shape cooled rice pudding mixture into one and a half-inch round balls.
- Dredge each ball of rice pudding in the flour, then the eggs, and lastly in the ground cookies.
- Place all the coated balls on a sheet tray and cool for at least one hour or overnight.
- Fill a heavy-bottomed saucepan 2-3 inches deep in canola oil and bring up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry 3-4 balls at a time, ensuring to turn frequently to get an even cooking for approximately 3 minutes total or until golden brown and warmed through. Drain and immediately toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- In a small saucepan combine the milk, chocolate chips, and sugar, and salt. Slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes and serve immediately.
- Serve Arancini warm, drizzled with the hot chocolate sauce.
- In a medium size saucepan combine the rice, milk, water, sugar, salt and cinnamon sticks. Cover with a lid and slowly bring to a boil over medium high heat and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 25 minutes and add the sweetened condensed milk. Simmer slowly for an additional 10 minutes and cool immediately.