- 1 gallon whole milk
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Candy thermometer
- In a large pot with a candy thermometer, slowly bring the milk to 180*heat the milk.
- Mix the white vinegar and the water and add to the milk. Stir in slowly and keep on the heat for another 5 - 7 minutes, or until the curds and whey begin to separate.
- Place a large colander, lined with cheesecloth over a bowl.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, begin to gently skim the separated curds into the cheese cloth.
- Put it in a plastic quart with holes in it - allow it to continue to drain, it will be firmer the longer it drains.
- Serve and enjoy with grilled bread and honey.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE