Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Upgrade your basic vegetable soup with the robust flavor of roasted cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with half the olive oil and season with nutmeg, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast the cauliflower for 30 to 40 minutes, or until brown and tender, tossing occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook while stirring until lightly golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chickpea flour over the onions and stir to coat.
- Slowly pour the chicken broth and almond milk into the pan. Stir until all of the flour is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low as the sauce thickens.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the pan and stir to incorporate.
- Blend roughly half of the soup using an immersion blender or kitchen blender, until desired consistency is reached.