- 200g thick cut bacon
- 2 ears corn
- Butter, as needed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 300ml uncooked rice
- 300ml water
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tsp salt
- Green onion, as needed
- Butter, for topping
- Rinse the rice and let it soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Dice thick cut bacon into cubes. Set aside.
- Holding the stem end of corncob, cut off the corn kernels with a knife.
- In a frying pan, cook the corn kernels with butter.
- Season with soy sauce and add it to the rice cooker with rice and water.
- Using the same frying pan, cook diced bacon until brown on both sides.
- Add cooked bacon to the rice cooker.
- Add in sake and salt to the rice cooker and begin cooking for 40 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, open the lid and mix in chopped green onions.
- Serve with butter on top, if you like.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE