- 3 red bell peppers, whole
- 2 shallots, whole in peel
- 2 cloves of garlic, whole in peel
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot starch
- For the Zucchini Noodles:
- 4 zucchini, ends cut off and spiralized or cut into noodles
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Heat oven to 550 degrees F or the broil setting.
- Place the bell peppers, shallots and garlic on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Place the sheet in the oven and roast until charred. Flip over, then continue to roast until all sides have been charred. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Peel away charred skin, seeds and stems on the red pepper. Set aside.
- Add the roasted bell peppers, shallots and garlic to a blender with almond milk, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, arrowroot starch and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the sauce and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until heated through.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the sauce in the skillet and toss. Cook until soften, but not falling apart. Be careful not to overcook.