Rocky Road Chocolate Chip S'mores Sandwiches
These cookie sandwiches rock our world.
- For the cookies:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sticks butter, unsalted at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- For assembly:
- 4 milk chocolate bars
- Large vanilla marshmallows
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 370 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- With a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture, beating until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and walnuts.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet a couple of inches apart. Bake for about 9 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool completely on a wire rack. Allow to cool slightly then assemble sandwiches.
- For assembly: Place a large marshmallow on top of a warm cookie. Toast it with a kitchen torch, then place a square of chocolate on top. Top with another warm cookie and serve.