- 1 cup cubed purple sweet potato
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1, 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Toasted coconut, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the diced sweet potato and reduce to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until fork tender. Strain the cooked potato pieces and allow to cool.
- Add the heavy cream, condensed milk and cooked ube to a blender. Blend on high speed for about 5 seconds until combined.
- Pour the mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet and freeze for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Cut the frozen ice cream into strips, and use a spatula to gently roll the ice cream into short tubes. Place each tube into a bowl and top with toasted coconut.