- 1 large carton Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3-5 tsp Rootbeer extract
- 1 envelope unflavoured Gelatin
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1.5 cups Rootbeer
- Optional: Brown Food Coloring
- 8-10 Lady Finger Cookies
- 3 Cola Gummies
- Start with the jelly: combine the Gelatin with 3 tbsp of cold water and let bloom for 5 minutes. In a saucepan or in the microwave heat up the root beer and add 1-3 tsp of root beer extract. Stir in the gelatine until it is completely dissolved. Let mixture cool in fridge for 15 minutes or until it has thickened slightly and is no longer hot.
- For the root beer flavoured ice cream place half of the ice cream in a bowl and let it soften slightly. Stir through 2 tsp of root beer extract or add enough to taste. Optionally you can add a bit of brown food colouring to make the ice cream a root beer color.
- In a rectangle baking dish lined with plastic wrap scoop out the vanilla ice cream and spread till evenly covering the bottom of the dish. Then pour over the cooled root beer jelly and place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Once the jelly has set slightly add the root beer flavoured ice cream over top. Finally, top with lady fingers which will serve as the base.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours before serving. Once ready, remove for baking dish and top with whipped cream and cola gummies or other decoration.