- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup vanilla bean or pistachio ice cream
- Lemon or orange zest
- Roughly chopped shelled pistachios, optional
- Dried rose petals
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat over a pot of simmering water on the stovetop (a double-boiler) or in the microwave to melt.
- Using an ice cube tray, fill the bottom of each opening with enough melted chocolate to coat both the sides and the bottom of the holes. Reserve the remaining chocolate. Tilt the tray to help coat edges of the openings with the chocolate. Place the tray in the freezer until the chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the freezer. Fill each hole with ice cream, and top with pistachios and lemon zest or orange zest. Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate to cover the top.
- Sprinkle with dried rose petals and place the tray back in the freezer until the ice cream is completely hardened, 4 hours to overnight. Carefully pop the bites out of the ice tray when you're ready to eat.