Chicken Pad Kra Pao (Thai Basil Chicken)
This easy Thai basil chicken will save your weeknight.
- 1 cooked chicken breast (steamed)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ eggplant, diced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Powdered chicken stock, as needed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 10 basil leaves
- 200g rice
- 1 fried egg
- 2 basil leaves for decoration
- Finely chop the cooked chicken breast.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Cook diced onions until softened. Add in chicken, red bell pepper, and eggplant.
- Add all seasonings and basil leaves to the chicken. Stir until everything is cooked through.
- Transfer the mixture onto a plate. Serve with rice on the side and top with fried egg and basil leaves on the chicken.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE