- 30-inch long piece of parchment paper
- 1/2 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 large scallion, cut into 2-inch-long pieces
- 4-ounce salmon fillet
- Salt, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- 1 lemon slice
- 3/4 tablespoon of butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Fold parchment paper in half and cut out a large heart shape. Fold open the heart.
- In the middle of the right side of the heart, place 3 to 4 pieces of scallions and a few pieces of fennel. Place the salmon skin-side down on top of the scallions and fennel. Top salmon with salt, paprika and the lemon slice. Add the pat of butter on top.
- Fold the heart-shaped paper over the fish until the edges meet. (This means the crease will lift off the table.) Begin overlapping folds from the top left and work your way around to the bottom left, at which point you can twist it.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven for 8 minutes, or until the meat thermometer reads 140 degrees F. Serve in the bag on a plate.