- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Ground pepper and flaky sea salt
- 1 egg
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add 1 1/2 cups vinegar. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from water, let cool slightly and smash potatoes using the palm of your hand.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in cast-iron skillet. Salt and pepper potatoes to taste. Add smashed potatoes and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, remaining vinegar, remaining olive oil, parsley, scallions, salt and pepper. Toss cooked potatoes with dressing.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet. Crack egg into hot oil and use spoon to baste the top of egg with oil. Top potatoes with egg, and serve.