- 1 sea bream
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 small potato, peeled and cut into 2 centimeters pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt crust:
- 1 kilogram salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 lemon
- Clean out the insides of the fish and wipe off excess moisture. Stuff the fish with the herbs, half of the lemon slices, garlic and potatoes.
- Combine the salt and egg whites in a bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Put 1/3 of the egg white mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking pan. Place the fish on top and top off with the remaining herbs and lemon slices. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the rest of the egg white mixture. Press it firmly into the fish and make decorations on the surface if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Break the salt coating with a hammer and transfer the fish onto a serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper. Serve with lemon wedge.