- 5 pieces of matzo
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- Coarse salt, such as Maldon or fleur de sel for the top
- Prepare a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or greased wax paper.
- Lay out matzo in a single layer, breaking as needed to fill entire surface.
- In a pot, heat butter, brown sugar and water, stirring constantly until temperature reads 300°F, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour hot toffee over prepared matzo. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, spreading to coat and melt over hot toffee. Top with chopped nuts and coarse salt. Allow to cool before breaking up into pieces.