- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 7 ounces Sardo (hard) cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons mild mustard
- 1 egg
- Black and white sesame seeds, as needed
- In a big bowl, add the flour, cheese, butter and mustard. Mix the ingredients together, but don't knead the dough.
- Transfer dough to a sheet of baking paper and cover with another sheet of paper. Use a rolling pin to flatten dough to 1/4 inch thick. Place in refrigerator to rest for 20 minutes.
- Cut the dough into desired shapes and place them on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool before enjoying.