- 1 navel orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 ounces triple sec or brandy
- 4 chicken thighs, skin and bone attached
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut 2-3 slices of orange and lemon and set aside. Zest and juice the rest along with one lime and add to a bowl. Mix in the wine, triple sec, and some salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Pat dry chicken thighs and season with salt, pepper, paprika and rosemary.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on med-high and drizzle some olive oil. Place chicken thighs skin side down. Once golden brown, turn over the chicken. Turn off the heat.
- Arrange the orange and lemon slices around the chicken, add the smashed garlic, and pour the sangria mixture into the skillet. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken thighs and citrus slices from the skillet. Set it on the stove on medium-high heat and add honey. Reduce and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Drizzle over the chicken thighs and serve.