- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 hard Italian ladyfingers (cut into thirds)
- 1 cup good quality store-bought lemon curd
- Candy lemon wheels, for garnish
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice and sugar and whisk together until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, add mascarpone, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks appear.
- To assemble, dip the ladyfingers into the lemon mixture and divide into 4 small glass ramekins. Add 6 pieces per cup. Top the ladyfingers with a big scoop of lemon curd, then top with whipped mascarpone. Garnish with candied lemon wheel.