Sardine Steamed Rice
Use up your stash of canned sardines to make this easy, garlicky mushroom and tomato rice dish.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 can sardines in oil
- 50 grams mushroom, cut in half
- 6 pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch watercress, cut into 2 centimeters pieces
- Black pepper
- 300 milliliters water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bouillon granules
- 1 chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Take out the sardines from the can and set aside.
- Combine uncooked rice, the oil from the can, minced garlic and the seasonings and give it a quick mix. Add in mushrooms, pearl onions, tomato and sardines.
- Cook in rice cooker (approximately 1 hour)
- Garnish with watercress and season with more pepper if desired.