- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 Italian sausages
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 pretzel buns
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Cook sliced peppers and onion, until softened. Season with salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Remove the sausage casing and divide the meat into two patties. Cook on medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes, and then flip over to cook the other side. During the last minute of cooking, top the patties with a few slices of cheese.
- Toast buns and assemble the burgers.