These aren't your grandma's biscuits!
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Stuffed Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 breakfast sausage patties, fully cooked
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, add flour, baking powder and salt and pulse several times to combine. Add in the butter, cheddar cheese, chives and pulse several times until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly pour buttermilk into flour mixture and pulse until dough is soft a forms a dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead with flour until no longer sticky. Roll dough out into a 1/2-inch-thick sheet and cut with a floured biscuit cutter.
- Gently flatten and spread 2 pieces of dough until they are about 4 inches wide. Place a large pinch of cheese, 1 sausage patty and about 2 tablespoons of scrambled eggs onto the dough. Top with another piece of dough and pinch the sides until they are sealed. Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 8 rolls.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately or store in your refrigerator for up to a week for an easy on-the-go breakfast!