- For the sausages:
- 6 Italian sausages
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 6 pieces of prosciutto, thinly sliced
- For the blanket:
- 2 sheets canned pizza dough
- 8 sharp cheddar slices
- Egg wash
- Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon pretzel salt
- Stuff the sausages: Cut a large slice in each sausage. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar. Stuff with onions and peppers and top with more cheese. Wrap with a slice of prosciutto. Set aside.
- Make the blanket: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Lay out a sheet of dough. Cover with cheddar slices completely. Cut the other dough sheet into 6 strips. Lay the wrapped sausages vertically across the cheese-covered dough. Weave dough across the wrapped sausage in a lattice pattern. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Remove from oven, brush with butter and sprinkle with salt. Serve warm.