- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved or larger ones quartered
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 ½ cups water
- ¾ cup steel cut oats
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, preferably organic
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium sized skillet drizzle enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Bring up to heat over medium high. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Season with a sprinkling of salt. Remove from heat.
- Chop the broccolini into 1-inch pieces and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little EVOO, sprinkling of salt and pepper and the chili flakes. Toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- While the broccolini roasts make the oatmeal. In a medium sized saucepot add 1 tbsp. of EVOO and bring up to heat over medium. Add in the grated garlic and cook until fragrant and golden. Next add in the water and a large pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling add in the oats and reduce to a simmer, cooking for 15 minutes. To finish the oatmeal add a pinch of pepper, the chives and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and keep warm while you make your eggs.
- In a small nonstick skillet drizzle a little EVOO and fry your eggs sunny-side up. To plate divide the oatmeal between two bowls, top with some of the broccolini, mushrooms and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Finish with the egg. Serve immediately.