- Macaron base
- White chocolate ganache
- Blue food coloring
- Blue edible ink pen
- Silver gumballs
- Dye the macaron batter blue with food coloring, mixing gently to distribute the color.
- Pipe clam shapes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Tap the baking sheet on the counter a couple times to remove any air bubbles, then let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. This will create the hard shell of the macarons.
- Set your oven to 375F, heat for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325F. Bake the macarons, one sheet at a time, for 6-8 minutes, rotating halfway through. After each batch, increase the heat to 375F, heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to 325F and pop the next sheet into the oven!
- Allow the macarons to cool on the sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool.
- Draw markings onto the clams. Pipe some ganache onto the underside of half of the macarons, then place another macaron on top, positioning the shells so that they are partially open.
- Place a gumball inside to look like a pearl.