- Macaron base
- White chocolate ganache
- Red food coloring
- Red candy melts, melted
- Mini chocolate chips
- Dye the macaron batter red with food coloring, mixing gently to distribute the color.
- Pipe circles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Tap the baking sheet on the counter a couple times to remove any air bubbles, then let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. This will create the hard shell of the macarons.
- Set your oven to 375F, heat for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325F. Bake the macarons, one sheet at a time, for 6-8 minutes, rotating halfway through. After each batch, increase the heat to 375F, heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to 325F and pop the next sheet into the oven!
- Allow the macarons to cool on the sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool.
- Pipe some ganache onto the underside of half of the macarons, then place another macaron on top.
- Pipe 2 dollops of ganache on top and add 2 mini chocolate chips, to create the eyes. Draw claws and legs onto a square of parchment paper with the red candy melts and place in the fridge until stiff. Stick the claws and legs into the sides of the macarons.