- 140 grams cooked rice
- 500cc water
- 5 centimeters konbu seaweed
- 10 grams bonito flakes
- 1 tablespoon miso
- Parmesan cheese
- Chirimen jyako (dried sardines)
- Nori (cut into thin strips)
- Make a couple of cuts into the konbu seaweed with kitchen shears. Soak konbu seaweed in water for 30 minutes in a saucepan.
- After it's finished soaking, cook over low heat until just before boiling. Turn heat off and take the konbu out.
- Bring the konbu broth to a boil and add the bonito flakes. Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Strain the broth using a mesh strainer.
- Add miso to the broth and dissolve.
- Prepare a bowl of hot cooked rice. Top with parmesan cheese, dried sardines, wasabi and nori strips. Finally pour the broth over the rice and enjoy.