- 1 ball store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa powder
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- Handful of chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 475℉. If you have a pizza stone, preheat that in the oven as well.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, harissa powder, sugar, a good pinch of salt, and a few turns of black pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and diced tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Flatten dough on floured piece of parchment. Top the dough with the tomato sauce and create two wells to crack the eggs into. Once the eggs are in place, sprinkle pizza with feta and carefully slide the pizza onto your pizza stone. If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a lightly greased baking tray. Bake for 7-10 minutes, until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny and the crust is lightly browned.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with parsley, and enjoy!